This CCNA course teaches you all networking concepts and application skills for configuring Cisco routers and switches. It includes a lot of real world examples and presentations, e.g. how to make an ethernet cable and use a patch panel, stacking Cisco switches, subnetting and much more... You will also see lectures with whiteboards and clips showing real routers, switches, access points, firewalls and network tools.
- The OSI Model and network fundamentals
- Configuration of Cisco routers and switches
- Labs with 20 routers!
- Cabling, including fibre optic cables and racks
- How to use a virtual rack and save money
- Subnetting made easy
- VLANs, VTP and Spanning Tree Protocols
- Dynamic routing protocols (RIP, OSPF,EIGRP, BGP)
- Access lists and security concepts
- Overview of firewalls and UTM devices
- NAT configuration with real world examples
- How to troubleshoot network issues
- Quality of Service (QoS)
- Quizzes to help you pass theexam
- Wireless concepts
- Network security: DHCP Snooping and ARP inspection
- A lot of extra lectures: BGP, RIP, EIGRP, IP SLA, PPPoE, and more!
The course is perfect for anyone seeking to learn how to set up and troubleshoot Cisco networks.
- Studying towards CCNA
- Students looking to get better understanding of networking concepts
- Everybody interested in learning about Cisco
- Network fundamentals
- Network access
- IP connectivity
- IP services
- Security fundamentals
- Automation and programmability
There is no formal requirements for taking the new exam. However, these are the recommendations from Cisco:
- have an understanding of all exam topics
- one or more years of experience with computer networking and Cisco equipment
- good grasps of network fundamentals
The recommended training program that can be taken at a Cisco academy is called Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA). The successful completion of a training course will get you a training badge.
- Number of Questions: 50-60
- Types of Questions: Multiple Choice (single and multiple answer), drag-and-drop, Sim, Simlet, Testlet
- Passing Score: varies, but it is around 800-850 out of 1000
- Time Limit: 90 minutes
- How to Register: vue.com